Former Steve McQueen Ranch
16812 S. Mountain Road
Own a Piece of Hollywood History
Escape to a simpler life, indulge your passions, and reconnect with nature at Steve McQueen’s former hideaway. This picturesque 15.5 acre ranch offers everything you need to relax or indulge your creative side.
Looking for a quieter life, Steve McQueen and his soon to be third wife Barbara Minty left the hustle and bustle of Hollywood in 1979 and moved to this Santa Paula ranch. They were married in the home’s living room on January 16, 1980.
He was said to have purchased the ranch on a whim because it reminded him of his hometown Slater, Missouri, and because of its proximity to the local airport. Every morning McQueen was said to rise, make his coffee, and then fly his beloved yellow Stearman biplane.
The McQueen’s enjoyed living a non-celebrity life. Generally, Santa Paula locals kept his presence there a secret. "They were the kindest, sweetest people," said Barbara. "The people loved Steve; he loved the people. It was really kind to his heart. It made him happy and secure. It calmed him down."
Barbara McQueen wrote about their Santa Paula days in her book "Steve McQueen: The Last Mile."
The 1892 Victorian home features high ceilings, oversized windows, and many period details throughout including a collection of antique stained glass windows.
· 3 acres of Syrah grapes, 4,200 plants (planted 2004)
· Produces 7,000 bottles per year
· 1st vintage 2006
· 3 Acre Equestrian Facility
· 3 large corrals
· 1 medium stall
· 150 x 90 riding arena
· Round pen
· Room for barn
· Trail access to mountains and riverbed
· Fruit Trees
· Fuyu Persimmon
· Fuji Apple
· Anna Apple
· Haas Avocado
· 4,200 Sq Ft Airplane Hangar, formerly part of Port Hueneme. It once housed Steve McQueen’s car and motorcycle collection.
· Organic vegetable and flower garden
· Large koi pond with waterfall
· 60-minute drive from Los Angeles
· Close to airport and aviation museum
· Charming downtown
· 12 miles from the Ventura coastline
· 17 miles from Ojai
View Larger Map
David also represents buyers of residential properties. Please contact him at 213/422-4516 or by e-mail for further information on how he can assist you.